The Comic Queen

Zip ribbons and word balloons, Wednesday bliss and Previews dreams. If these phrases mean anything to you, then you're in the right place. But if they don't -- hey stick around anyway. You might just like what you see.

Thursday, July 29, 2004

2004 Will Eisner Award Winners

Of the many, many news items out of the San Diego Comic Con is the announcement of the Eisner Award winners.  

Here are a list of the winners.

And here are a list of the nominations.

The accolades keep pouring in for Craig Thompson and his work Blankets. Have to say I'm a bit sad to see Rucka not come out a winner for Best Writer. 

One of my favorite series, Gotham Central, racked up a win for best serialized series. Of course this had to be for issues 6-10 -- ones I haven't bought yet!! Ah, they've just jumped up a few rungs on my ebay list.

Would have been nice to see Losers win for best new series, but I can't speak much to that since I haven't read Plastic Man, which won.

Any opinions on the results?

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home