The Comic Queen

Zip ribbons and word balloons, Wednesday bliss and Previews dreams. If these phrases mean anything to you, then you're in the right place. But if they don't -- hey stick around anyway. You might just like what you see.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Kerry's ECCC Report

I attended ECCC with Erin on Saturday and had a great time as well. I just want to mention a few things that Erin didn't.

I went to the Marvel panel with Brian Michael Bendis and others. It was a lot of fun. The creators were hilarious and the questions ranged from more general writing and editing questions to specific questions about certain books and characters.

I don't have a sketchbook yet, but the coolest thing I did at the Con was get a sketch of Martian Manhunter from Chris Giarrusso. He's the creator of G-Man from Image and Mini-Marvels and Bullpen Bits from Marvel. He told me no one had ever asked for Martian Manhunter before. I couldn't have been more pleased with his sketch. It's awesome.

My only beef with the Con was the ridiculous amount of books some fans brought to get signed. The line for Bendis wasn't that long when I got in it, but some people had him sign stacks of 50-70 books. Bendis happily signed them all. I only brought one (The Pulse #1) and it would have been nice if I could have passed by the greedy people. Bendis needed a one-comic-or-less express lane for his table.

Finally, the coolest freebie at the Con was a Plastic Man Heroclix. He's only my second DC clix, so it was a welcome addition to my small collection.

ECCC 2006 can't come soon enough.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:13 PM, February 08, 2005, Blogger Brian Cronin said…

    While I completely agree that your idea of an "express line" is a good one, in theory...I'm not sure it would work.

    How would it work exactly? 10 "express" people go before one "non-express" person?

    Hmm...that may be feasible.

    You know, you can share images online (hint hint...want to see Giarrusso Martian Manhunter hint hint)....hehe.

     
  • At 6:01 PM, February 08, 2005, Blogger Comic Ad Museum said…

    I just wanted to stop in and post a thank you for a link in your blog last month for the Musuem of Comic Book Advertising. I noticed several people coming to the Museum from our pages and went back and found the link.I returned the link on the front page of the Museum.

    I just finished putting together a couple of new displays for the Museum. I'm particularly happy with the Daisy Air Rifle ad from January 1942.

    I hope you'll take a look, and encourage your readers to take a look, at this new display, and the new True Comic Movie Guide display. Thanks again for the mention and the link.

    Fred D

     
  • At 11:26 AM, February 09, 2005, Blogger Kerry said…

    Brian, I just got permission from Chris G. to post. Look for it here by Friday.

     
  • At 4:20 PM, February 09, 2005, Blogger Brian Cronin said…

    SUPER cool, Kerry.

    And thanks, Chris!!!

     
  • At 5:30 PM, February 09, 2005, Blogger Erin M. Schadt said…

    Hey Fred,
    Thanks so much for the link on your site. Keep up the good work -- a visit to the Comic Ad Museum is always entertaining.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home