The Comic Queen

Zip ribbons and word balloons, Wednesday bliss and Previews dreams. If these phrases mean anything to you, then you're in the right place. But if they don't -- hey stick around anyway. You might just like what you see.

Friday, August 05, 2005

August Previews: Kerry's Picks

I didn't have enough time to take a close look at Previews this month, but I wanted to post my top two comic book picks.

Paris #1
pg. 222; Amaze Ink/Slave Labor Graphics; $2.95; 24 pages

Andi Watson and Simon Gane bring us a four-part story about two young women living in Paris. Set in the 1950s, Juliet and Deborah study art and yearn to experience the Bohemian lifestyle. I sign up for everything that Andi Watson works on, so of course I'll be picking this one up. I'm looking forward to the setting, since Watson's stories are usually set in the present day. Also, I'm eager to see what Gane brings to the table.

She-Hulk 2 #1
Marvel Previews book; Marvel Comics; $2.99; 24 pages

Finally! I was very sad when this series ended as it was one of my favorites last year. I hope more people pick up the book and it is given a chance, like Runaways, to succeed. Season one was such a fun ride and I don't see why two will be different. The whole team is back for more super-hero court and She-Hulk goodness.

To read my top two graphic novel picks, please check out Bookshelf Comics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home