The Comic Queen

Zip ribbons and word balloons, Wednesday bliss and Previews dreams. If these phrases mean anything to you, then you're in the right place. But if they don't -- hey stick around anyway. You might just like what you see.

Monday, January 09, 2006

The Comic Queen is Back in Action

Whew, what a wild few months it's been. Now that the biggest task of my professional career has its legs, I'll be posting much more regularly.

I've been working the last several months on launching a new magazine for my employer, from concept to first issue, and it's done, baby, in the mail and out of my sweaty hands. Of course, being a magazine, it'll never be completely done, but that's the joy in it.

This project has taught me many things, two of the most important are: if you really believe in something, then get off your ass and try the hardest you've ever tried to make it happen. Push, push, and push some more.

The second lesson is: taking home your work can actually be a joyful experience. If you're doing something you love, taking it home is a good thing (within reason, of course, we all have our lines).

More personally, I've learned that magazine management is truly where I belong in life. This is something I never want to stop doing. I reserve the right to change my mind, especially if I feel I am losing it, but right now, I don't see myself out of the magazine world for a very long time to come.

Long story short: I'm back, and I'll be posting on Tuesdays and Fridays each week, do or die.
Thanks for being patient in my absence -- I hope you will continue reading the blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home