The Comic Queen

Zip ribbons and word balloons, Wednesday bliss and Previews dreams. If these phrases mean anything to you, then you're in the right place. But if they don't -- hey stick around anyway. You might just like what you see.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Linkery in Lieu of Lengthy Review

No idea why I went all Dr. Seuss in the title of this post … I haven’t even been drinking … that much.

If you enjoy Tom Beland’s “True Story, Swear to God” comics, then you’ll want to check out his chat transcript on CBR. … It’s very choothing.

CBR also features a great interview with Neil Kleid and Jake Allen about their upcoming GN Brownsville. Very fascinating and detailed with lots of art to whet the appetite.

Randy Lander at The Fourth Rail steps down from his reviewing there … for now. The Fourth Rail was the first comics site I ever visited online, and is a regular hit for me (although I now wait to read any reviews of things I plan on reviewing until after I’ve had a chance). I’ll miss Randy’s reviews, they were always ones I looked forward to.

David Brown at NPR comments on “The Campy, Absurdist Brilliance of TV’s ‘Batman’” in an audio column. It’s a fun segment marking 40 years since the TV show “Batman” debuted on ABC.

The Vancouver Comicon is coming up on January 22 and features Dave McCaig, Darren G. Davis, Kelley Everaert, and Ken Boesem, among others. If you happen to be in the area, it’s an “intimate” gathering of comic creators and vendors. Always a nice con to visit.

Speaking of the Vancouver Comicon, I leave you with this – a picture of me with a slightly amused Greg Rucka at the Vancouver Comicon a couple years ago. This is the only time I’ve ever gotten fanish at a con – I just couldn’t help it – he’s one of my favorite writers. I’ve now vowed to never be that way again … just had to get it out of my system, I guess. Teehee.


A pre-weight-loss chubby Erin with a humoring-a-fan Greg Rucka. Always a winning combination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home